Real Estate Acquisition Advisor
The Value You Receive
Clients engage me under contract to find, negotiate and acquire real estate development deals, and then provide data-driven insights into their feasibility decisions.
- Undertake your specific acquisition objectives for either a fixed fee, or a combined smaller fixed-fee and performance incentive
- Permit you to negotiate your interests through a skilled surrogate (maintaining anonymity if desired)
- Provide geographic targeting, farming & prospecting (phone calls and door-knocking)
- Present and negotiate your offers and get them signed – face-to-face whenever permissible
- Create a state of “willingness” (get sellers to abandon extreme positions – never “split the difference”)
- Renegotiate or retrade modified terms as necessary
- Focus on only one client per market segment at a time to ensure confidentiality and loyalty
Experience and Specialization
My primary role for close to three decades has been to acquire residential subdivisions, including two major master-planned communities, and a wide variety of urban multifamily and mixed-use sites (townhomes to highrises).
Aside from the two master-planned communities, I have been directly responsible for the financially successful acquisition of more than 5,000 housing units.
Having also been the senior manager for the full gamut of development management on most of those projects, I bring a keen and knowledgeable insight to real estate acquisitions and their feasibility evaluations, financial structures, performance and delivery.
I am also a formally trained negotiation expert, author (see Amazon) and training consultant. Here is a recent piece I wrote on winning at negotiating. I have taken formal courses through Karrass, a satellite of the Harvard Project on Negotiation (Fisher/Ury), Herb Cohen, Zig Ziglar, Carnegie and several others.
As of December 2016, I am in process of obtaining a California Real Estate License.